Workout clothes should make you as comfortable as you can be while working out. Latest fashions and labels mean nothing much. After a workout session, one leaves the gym tired, exhausted, feeling sore, fantastic and sweating all over. Believe it or not, but your clothing choice can make a huge difference in how you feel after a workout. Among the factors which affect the comfortability of gym clothes include, their fabric and if they are made for that type of exercise. This article will give you tips on how to choose the best workout clothes. Read on.
Choose workhorse fabrics
Cloth fabrics are in two. Those which pull sweat away from the body and those which absorb it. When it comes to exercise, some fabrics are better than others.
- Wicking- This is a type of fabric which wick sweat away from the body. This way, it evaporates faster keeping your body cool. Clothes made from fabrics such as COOLMAX or fabrics containing polypropylene are the best choices when it comes to gym wear. They allow sweat to evaporate from the skin without soaking the cloth. This way, you will not be feeling sweaty and uncomfortable during the exercise.
- Cotton- Cotton gym pants and shirts absorb sweat. They do not pull it from the skin and make it evaporate. If you have been on cotton clothes, it is now clear why they have been feeling all wet and heavy during exercise.
- Do not buy fabrics which do not breathe-Avoid clothes made from rubber or plastic materials. They prevent sweat from evaporating and keeps your body temperatures high. Such is not favorable for workouts.
Get the right fit
Your workout clothes should be of the right fit. Not too tight and not loose. To make sure that you buy clothes of the right fit, consider the tips below.
- Put on comfortable and loose clothes. However, lose, or wide-leg pants should be avoided when biking or running. By lose I mean, those which can be tangled on your feet or the pedals.
- Stretchy and fitted fabrics are best for activities such as yoga.
- Stay away from anything that gets in the way of your activities.
Change with seasons
You might want to change your dress code with seasons. Outdoor exercise and seasonal sports will require different dress codes. Below are tips to help you choose the right clothes for outdoor exercises.
- Hot weather- Dress on fabrics which allow the skin to breathe and wicks sweat away.
- Cold weather- you need to dress warmly if it is cold outside, but have it in mind that you will be exercising and your temperatures will go high. Dress in layers so that you can remove clothes when as you get warmer
- Wet or windy weather- being caught up in the rain or strong winds are among the things which can ruin your workout in seconds. Wear an outer layer which protects you from storms or strong winds.